Whipped up a print for SC Comicon this weekend! Aw yeah Bucky no!
Notorious arter and reader of comics.
This is mainly an Marvel Comics/movies + Lord of the Rings art blog with a slight smattering of Game of Thrones, Parks and Recreation, Community and more.
I am always happy to answer any asks sent my way!
This blog is occasionally NSFW and NOT spoiler-free. If you ever need me to tag anything, trigger or otherwise, please let me know!
WHAT THE JUNK. You can now buy this print on, well, fukkin everything!
HAPPY NEW YEARS, BABY MONEY AVENGERS STYLE. (For those just joining us, The origin of the Baby Money Avengers.)
With, as always, backup from Valkyrie and their long-suffering handler, Phil Coulson.
- If you’re wondering why Daimon Hellstrom has a trash can, you need to educate yourself.
- If you don’t think Captain Marvel has a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire, WHY ARE YOU FOLLOWING ME.
- And if you disagree that the BMA are tearing shit up in a golden, rocket-powered stretch Hummer…sir, please remove yourself from the internet.
I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL 2013!!
don’t really ship it, but I like to think this is the world’s tightest brolationship.
Baby Money Avengers. (Click the first to embiggen)
Sometimes when it’s really late, and Starkexpos is drunk, we enable eachother and come up with really, really, really stupid stuff. And then I blow off working for a day in order to draw it all.
LET’S FACE IT THIS IS NOT THE WORST THING YOU HAVE CAUGHT ME DRAWING.
Avengers Comedy Hour
If you haven’t spent an entire iHop dinner laughing over Stilt-man with your friends, you haven’t lived.
Someone got my memo about the Bitchface Triumvirate…
DELICIOUS WINTER SOLDIER.
Okay, there are technically two Winter Soldier arcs. The one that’s 11 (I think) issues in is the current one, that is about Bucky post-fear itself, when almost everyone still thinks he’s dead (As a result of getting the majority of his chest blown out). It’s him and Natasha dealing with the sins of their past, and it is REALLY REALLY GREAT. You can find the first collected trade and the most recent issues in your local comic store, or right here in digital copies!
The first Winter Soldier arc is the one you will usually see me screaming about. It was the story arc in the Captain America that ret-conned Bucky’s death, reinvented him as The Winter Soldier, and brought him back into Steve’s life. It’s an incredible book for so many reasons -
- The art. Ed Brubaker, the writer and James Barnes enthusiast, has a knack for pairing his stories with gritty, street-level-hero artists. Epting and Lark are a perfect example if this.
- Steve as Steve should be. I love Steve Rogers, but he’s an angry man. A deeply angry, hypocritical, self-important man. You get to see all of this in the original Winter Soldier, but portrayed delicately enough so that he’s still Captain America. I love Steve to death, and I love him the most when you get to see him as a fully formed, flawed, scarred man.
- FALCON. HEY. MARVEL MOVIE UNIVERSE FANS. YOU WANT AN INTRODUCTION TO SAM FUCKING WILSON BEFORE HE SHOWS UP IN THE WINTER SOLDIER MOVIE? Fucking Falcon. Fucking Falcon.
- One of the sweetest moments between Steve and Tony you will ever see, ever.
- FANTASTIC VILLIANS. Also a great introduction to the evolution of The Red Skull, post-WW2. It’s also a nice little introduction to his batshit insane daughter, Synthia, who would grow up to ‘kill’ Bucky in the Fear Itself arc.
- Sharon Carter. Okay, I don’t like Sharon. I don’t like her mostly because I feel like she is defined by her relationship with the men in her life. She is not treated well by most writers, and is generally shoved into the background. She is portrayed as whiny, and irritating. But in Winter Soldier, she and Steve have broken up, and she is taking NONE OF HIS SHIT. I actually really, really enjoy her in this arc.
- The greatest panel of all time. When Steve finally confronts Bucky, who has been stripped of his memories, well…you will know it when you see it. There is a reason why this story arc racked up so many awards. It is hands down my favorite comic story of all time. INCLUDING NEXTWAVE.
The entire collection has recently been re-issues in one big whopping $25 trade, which is a hell of a deal. You can pick it up at your local comic store, or you can get Vol. One and Vol. Two in digital!
Fair warning: The end is going to kill you. It will break your heart. So I suggest also looking for the story arc that follows, which is called Red Menace. That will supply you with CONSIDERABLY MORE emotional closure, as well as introducing some of the most kick-ass British superheroes out there (LADY JACQUELINE HOLLA.)
Enjoy! And come cry in my ask box when you can’t handle all of your Bucky feels!
Marvel Bitch Squad
Inspired by this post. The best Bitch Face Posses are color coded, you know.
Avengers Dungeons & Dragons night never ends well.
They usually end up fighting real dragons.
Bonus Mom Coulson bringing the Mountain Dew and Cheetos.