Check out my excellent Secret Six commission from Flatbear with my faves Catman & Scandal Savage. Please do me a solid and do not crop this bad boy or remove the watermark
Knocking out the last few commissions in anticipation of opening them up again, how could I resist a knife-hand high five? It’s the stabbingest!
I DO know a lot about Secret Six! I spend my nights rocking back and forth on the bed, clutching a little Ragdoll, mourning the loss of Secret Six…
It can be a little tricky, but I can divide this up into two sections for you. First is the easy one, which seems to be the path you’re taking - reading in collected trades. If you want to start from the VERY start, before the team had their own title, you need to start with Villains United! Here we go…
- Villains United (Jan 2006, a six-issue mini)
- Birds of Prey: Dead Of Winter (Features members of the S6, contains BoP issues #104-108. Also a mini-intro to A GREAT series which i think you would love!)
- Unhinged (Aug 2009, S6 issues #1-7)
- Depths (April 2012, S6 issues #8-14)
- Danse Macabre (Oct 2010, S6 issues #15-18 and Suicide Squad issue #67)
- Cat’s in the Cradle (Jan 2011, S6 issues #19-24)
- The Reptile Brain (May 2011, S6 issues #25-29 and Action Comics #896)
- The Darkest House (Jan 2012, S6 issues #30-36 and Doom Patrol issue #19)
Now, if you want to collect the single issues, that’s where you need to put in a little more leg-work! As listed above, you will need Villians United limited series #1-6, Secret Six issues #1-36, Birds of Prey issues #104-108, Suicide Squad issue #67, Action Comics issue #896, and Doom Patrol issue #19!
I know that there are some problems getting the first few trades of S6, one or two are either out of print, or hard to find. If you can’t track them down on Ebay, Amazon or at a local store, here is the ComiXology.com page for the series! I THINK ComiXology supports users outside of the US, but don’t quote me.
As for life after S6? As if there WAS such a thing? I can point you towards Warren Ellis’ Nextwave (always), and the soon-to-be-published Leaving Megalopolis from S6 scribe Gail Simone and Jim Calafiore, which promises to be in the same vein as our beloved S6.
I hope that helped!
And here have some bonus OTP Catman/Eggs…
Oh. Oh my~
They were probably playing Boggle.
I love this pairing, I love this picture, and next time I proposition my wife I’m going to ask her if she wants to go boggle.
AVENGERSSSSS (Or secret six, depends on what you favor <3)
EEEE! Okay I will do Secret Six, since I am more likely to get multiple requests for Avengers :)
1. The first character I first fell in love with: Ragdoll. Motherfucking Ragdoll. Only Gail Simone could make you fall in love with someone so determined to fuck a butterfly.
2. The character I never expected to love as much as I do now: Bane. Pre-SS, he was just…that hopped up guy that broke Batman. I never expected him to be so compelling, to show so much intelligence and depth.
3. The character everyone else loves that I don’t: I really don’t get the appeal of Black Alice. I don’t know why, I just find her kind of…there.
4. The character I love that everyone else hates: Does anyone hate ANYONE from SS? Does anyone hate King Shark? If they do, I say him. Shark. I love him. Did you know he’s a shark? He is. A shark. (Also I feel like Deadshot has wavering popularity but christ, how I adore him)
5. The character I used to love but don’t any longer: Ngl, towards the end of the series, Ragdoll was starting to get to me a little. I still adore him, but I wasn’t thrilled with the direction it was going in.
6. The character I would totally smooch: All of them. Even Ragdoll. Even King Shark. Every single fucking one.
7. The character I’d want to be like: Scandal, because of her strength, and ease with showing emotion. Bane, because of his intelligence and devotion. Thomas, because of his abs. Jeanette, because of her wardrobe…
8. The character I’d slap: Thomas needs a good hard slapping from time to time. Especially when he’s dealing with Cheshire. He can get really up his own ass.
9. A pairing that I love: ALL OF THEM. Floyd/Jeanette, Floyd/Thomas, Scandal/Jeanette, Scandal/Knockout/Liana.
10. A pairing that I despise: Ragdoll/Black Alice. Thank god Gail Simone wrote what we were all thinking. Also not a huge fan of Bane/Scandal, because it icks me out.
This billboard is all over LA, and I know it’s an Oliver Stone film about Mexican drug gangs, but all I see are Ragdoll, Catman, Deadshot, Scandal and Bane.
Wait…but that’s…hang on, that isn’t…I mean, it’s just a coincid…
HEY! That’s the Secret Six movie!
Ignoring Travolta on the end there (he can be King Shark…)…
OH LOOK, PUERTO RICAN BANE IN THE FORM OF BENICIO DEL TORO. LET ME JUST ADD THAT TO THE LIST OF THINGS I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD SEE IN MOVIES.
Just let me have this. Just let me pretend this is real, and I can block Hardy!Bane from my mind. Ffs.
Thomas…tell me the secret of your luscious flowing locks of strawberry blonde. Is it Pantene?
I ACTUALLY HAVE THOUGHTS ON THIS.
I think he uses Nioxin, it’s his one nod to vanity.
Pantene is okay, but Nioxin would get the blood of his enemies
out and promote new hair growth and help prevent MPB.
This is why all comic book writer should also be hairdressers. SOMEONE NEEDS TO CONSIDER THESE THINGS.
Petition for DC to bring back ‘Secret Six’ with Gail Simone
THIS IS A PETITION FOR DC COMICS TO BRING BACK THE TITLE ‘SECRET SIX’ WITH GAIL SIMONE AS ITS WRITER!!!
WHILE THIS IS BUT A FAN’S ATTEMPT TO BRING BACK THE TITLE, SOME OF DC’S CREATIVE PEOPLE ARE ON TUMBLR AND MAYBE DC WILL TAKE NOTICE IF ENOUGH OF US SHOW SUPPORT!
REBLOG OR LIKE THIS TO PARTICIPATE!
HO HO MASTERPOST. All of my OTP prompts, in rebloggable format, as requested! Danke!
…I think I’m just gonna tag ship names and fandoms.
I wanna see Secret Six If I may <3
Catman/Deadshot bonus OTP.
Don’t you drop that fuckin’ baby, Thomas. Cheshire will be pissed.
I miss my Dadoo today, who is on the other side of the world. I also miss Secret Six, like, every day. So. HAPPY FATHER’S DAY!
Also bonus Floyd. Cos you can’t have Catman without Deadshot.
WHOO. This was some serious work!
I’ve been wanting to pretty up my tumblr for some time, but I couldn’t decide between Avengers or Gail Simone’s Secret Six. I ended up going for something I know would make me smile (and weep softly) every time I saw it.
Screencapp’d because it’s drawn to fit MY screen, and will probably be wonky as hell in any other resolution. A bigger version is here!
And then I broke my neck running all over my house, gathering up the Secret Six trades, to confirm this. It was like a depraved easter-egg hunt with homoerotic UST at the end (the best kind of easter-egg hunt tbh).
This art is simply FABULOUS!
I could stare at Catman/Deadshot fanart forerver :D
One of the best things that happened to me this year was getting to meet Gail Simone at Fanaticon, and actually have the time and chance to talk shop.
One of the worst was losing Secret Six so soon after that.
But, we still have the memories and precedents set by that wonderful comic, and everyone that was involved. Merry Christmas, Secret
Sadistic Sexual Sleigh-rides Six!